If you want to maximise the potential of your home but do not have
adequate outside space to build on, then a garage conversion could be the
perfect solution. The main benefits of converting this space are that
the main building work is already complete and just needs modification,
and services and utilities are usually already installed or easily
accessible from the existing supply in the house.
Garage conversions are fast becoming one of the most popular home improvements as people realise that the extra space they need is already there, right under their roof with no need to embark on major re-modelling or extensions. With the garage already forming part of the structure of the property it is relatively simple to create extra rooms for a variety of purposes, or to increase the footprint of the adjoining rooms to benefit from the extra space an unused garage can provide.
• Additional bathroom, sauna or gym
• Home office- saving on commercial rents and services for self-employed business owners working from home
• Accessible living accommodation for those with restricted mobility, ill health, or elderly dependants.
• Extend existing kitchen to create a large dream kitchen and dining space
• Home cinema, games room, teenagers’ den, craft area, or even a bar will ensure maximum enjoyment of newly discovered social space
Before starting on any integral garage renovations and conversions, you need to check if the planned alterations will need to comply with building regulations, local authority planning permission, and change of use regulations and controls.
We liaise with all trades to ensure disruption is kept to a minimum for the duration of the build.